If you would like to submit a recipe for me to try (and post about!) please email it to me at rachelsrainbow@live.com

Friday, November 13, 2009

Unstuffed Peppers

This I learned from a friend who is way into health foods, so I am proud to present a dinner that is not only healthy for you, but also tastes great!!!

Unstuffed Peppers
1 lb ground turkey (sometimes I cheat and use ground beef)
1 pkg sweet peppers (they sell this at walmart they are just small red, yellow, and orange peppers, but you don't have to use all of them, just put in how many you would like)
1/2-1 cup traditional ragu sauce (be careful, you don't want to make it soupy)
garlic salt (season to taste)
salt (season to taste)
pepper (season to taste)
brown the ground turkey/beef in skillet, add diced peppers, and ragu sauce. Season to taste and voila!! I love to serve this with brown rice to keep with the healthy theme.
Taste Rating: 4 (I make this a lot, and my kids love it!!)
Difficulty Rating: 2.5 (it is quick and easy!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment