If you would like to submit a recipe for me to try (and post about!) please email it to me at rachelsrainbow@live.com

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Corn Pudding

I am not going to lie, I never had any desire to try corn pudding! It just sounds gross! But then I married Wayne, the pickest eater I know, and it is one of his favorites. So I thought to myself, if he eats it, it can't be that bad! And as quoted by Sam-I-Am, "...try them, try them, and you may! try them and you may, i say!" Well I tried them, and I liked it!!! This is by far the best corn pudding recipe I have tried.
1/2 stick of butter
place butter in dish (I use a 9x13, because that is all I have, but I would recommend the next size down, like an 8x11, is that a choice?) and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place dish in oven to melt the butter. Meanwhile mix together:
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can cream corn
add to dish when butter is melted. Bake for 40-45 minutes (in a 9x13 dish it takes less time, maybe around 30-35 minutes, or whenever top is golden brown.)
Taste Rating: 4
Difficulty Rating: 2
This goes as a really good side to ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment