If you would like to submit a recipe for me to try (and post about!) please email it to me at rachelsrainbow@live.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole

So I am not going to lie, I am not a huge fan of sweet potato casserole...scratch that, I am not a fan of sweet potatoes. That was until this recipe came into my life!!! This is my Aunt Nancy's recipe and it is as sweet as candy!! I love it, so try it out and let me know what you think. After you try it come back and give your own ratings!

Sweet Potato Casserole
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (fresh is great, but I just use one large can and one small one, which is about 3 cups, plus it is much easier! Don't forget to drain them really well)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
Mix together and pour in greased casserole dish. Then top with:
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1/3 butter
Mix flour and sugar with butter and nuts. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Taste Rating: 4 (candy, candy, candy...)
Difficulty Rating: 3 (this is probably because I chop my own pecans, but really it is not that hard to make)

No comments:

Post a Comment